The ups and downs of relationships one minute its perfect and the next you feel I don’t love my partner anymore the beginning of love is powerful.Love is a beautiful feeling. You feel happy without a specific reason, and your thoughts are weaved around the person you love. You wish to spend every minute with that special one. Where this amazingly beautiful feeling is nothing less than a blessing; maintaining it requires hard work. Love is not like you see in the movies. The portrayal of love in movies only happens on the big screen, for 2.5 hours. Out of that, screen-love is an entirely different journey which requires mutual efforts and understanding. Appreciation, affection and communication are just some keys to a successful relationship. To nurture love, you must be ready to go through the ups and downs of it as well. You have to make a conscious decision of staying with the person you love.
Love comes fast and goes slowly. A lot of people break up after a year or two, saying that I don’t love my partner anymore. Falling out of love is as natural as falling in love. The person who felt a deep affection for might not be the most important person to you after some time. The feelings fade, and they even disappear after a while. It will be wrong to say that falling out of love is uncommon and unnatural. We all know that we have come to points where we could walk out from our partner’s life, but we decided to stick by them.
However, when love starts to fade away; you need to ask yourself, why is it happening! What is making love die? Being realistic, you won’t always feel the adrenaline rush when you are with a person since a significant amount of time. After a few months or years, you get comfortable with one’s presence. This makes your stomach butterflies relax and adjust to their existence which becomes your comfort zone. But a lot of people don’t understand it and start stating that I don’t love my partner anymore or we do not have that chemistry any longer.
Why does this happen? What are the primary reasons for this drawback? What can be done to undo it? Is it okay to leave your partner because you feel that you don’t love them anymore? Is it a temporary feeling or you cannot handle those emotions? Well, we are going to solve this mystery for you right here! For some people, it is utterly true when they say that I don’t love my partner anymore.
On the contrary, some people don’t realize that this can be a temporary feeling as well. Thus, let’s dig into some common reasons why love fades away and what are the most common issues which crumble the love in relationships? Also, we will be discussing the differences that occur when you marry someone you have been dating for a while.
Why people fall out of love?
There are a lot of reasons why love starts fading in a relationship, but we have summed up the most common reasons for all of you!
- Lack of Communication:
At the beginning of a relationship, the couple has a lot of talk about. You talk about everything and anything with them. You fall in love with your partner, even more, when you communicate on such a beautiful level. However, gradually, communication does slow down. You don’t have much to share apart from your same, dull and old boring routine. The issue here is that couples ditch the proper tradition of communication. Sitting and talking is the most effective way. Don’t be in constant connection through messages. Give your partner a call in the middle of the day to ask them how their day is going. Or the best way to maintain healthy communication is to sit down after work and talk about each other’s days. Also, don’t be a critic while listening to your partner because constant criticism can shut off communication.
- Taking your partner for granted:
After some time, couples begin to take each other for granted. The compliments stop, and the love eye contact starts to fade as well. The meetups also start to decrease. Instead of acting like lovers, you start to act like roommates. This is where you push yourself to start falling out of love. It is upon you, and only you, how you do not stop doing all of these small things as they add up to become significant moments and precious moments mean so much in love and in a relationship.
The most common reason for couples to fall out of love these days is boredom. Boredom affects this generation like significantly. The concept of your partner being adventurous and always on the go has been taught within us through social media. However, pausing your life for some time is excellent. But make sure that you do not put a halt to enjoying it. When you regularly stop making efforts and doing something special for your partner; boredom sinks in. It ruins the spark, which results in falling out of love, spontaneity is a vital ingredient to love.
Being with someone does not mean that they won’t ever say anything offensive to you. Your perspective can never be similar to your partner’s. Thus, having arguments and disagreements is a natural thing. But when the fight is over; you need to let the grudges go. You have to let them be and forget about them. If you do not do so, you are going to hold grudges which will ruin your relationship. M.D.D studies have shown resentment fuels breakups.
- You don’t want to Compromise:
Remember that a relationship requires efforts from both ends. If your partner is continually compromising for you; your partner will be done with you after a while. You need to act the same way. If both of you decide not to compromise for one another; you are going to lose the feeling, and the love will fade out as well.
There are so many other reasons why people fall out of love. And usually, these causes are solvable. If you look at them from a practical point of view; they can be solved with possible solutions. But we tend to overlook the reality, and we do not want our bubble of fantasy to be popped. Don’t do this to yourself!
Tens signs of a crumbling relationship
The feelings of I don’t love my partner anymore….So how do you realize that your relationship is crumbling? Are there any signs that can help you out so that you can solve them and be with the person you love? Well, some signs show you that your relationship is on the verge of ending. Whether you want to save it or you wish to walk out of it; we are just going to say that do not neglect them!
- The communication is getting weaker day by day. Communication is crucial for a healthy and sustainable relationship. If you wish to save it, then you can visit a relationship counsellor to improve your communication and enhance your love.
- You start getting bored with your relationship. You missed the days when it used to be exciting for you and your partner. Ask yourself; what is it that we are missing and how can we rejuvenate it?
- Lack of spending time together is a massive sign that your relationship is crumbling. You can be busy for a few days, but if it is persistent a lot; you need to do something about it.
- Lack of affection is another sign of a crumbling relationship. We understand that sex does fade off with time, but the attachment does not. Holding hands, cuddling, a forehead kiss and a goodbye hug are some gestures to keep the affection alive.
- If your partner is criticizing you all the time or maybe you are doing so; then your bond is fading off lightly. If you are always in a sarcastic mode around your partner, it is not going to do any good for your relationship.
- Getting angry, too often, without reason is a significant sign of a crumbling relationship. Yes, when you love someone, you do disagree and argue as well. But there must be a reason behind it. Fighting aimlessly or getting angry on the tiniest of issues is showcasing your boredom and annoyance.
- If you feel that your self-esteem is being targeted by your partner over and over, then there is something wrong. Self-esteem must never be affected in a relationship as it leaves it shattered.
- The sex has gone away more than it should. We agree that it does fade off a bit, but if you don’t have sex once a week or once in two weeks, then you are losing the charm. Severe lack of sex is a huge sign of a crumbling relationship.
- One of you has your escapade. No matter what, one of you is always on the go and does not wish to spend time with one another. If you are finding escapes from your relationship or your partner is; it is more than just a crumbling one.
- A big sign of a crumbling relationship is that the partner is always focusing on the flaws of their special one. Not looking at the right and positive aspects of your partner is a large sign that you are not interested in them.
Difference between Dating and Marriage
A lot of people who state that I don’t love my partner anymore are not from the dating arena only. Many married couples say this a lot too. This is because they confuse the idea of dating and marriage and do not understand the changes that occur in these two different phases. Your life is going to change entirely after marriage, and a lot of couples do not face this reality. If you have married the man/woman you have been dating since some while, then you need to understand that they will change. As the situation changes and level of commitment changes, this is normal. The thoughts of I don’t love my partner anymore are very common in relationships when the excitement fades
In dating, you can be carefree. You are not scared, and you have endless options, ready to embrace you. However, when you are married, you are in the ultimate form of commitment. It is forever that needs to be managed with a lot of care and effort. Sorry for what the movies show you; sustaining love in marriages is hard and challenging. If you think that it will work the same way as dating did; it won’t. You are just going to ruin your bond with this thinking.
To understand the differences and mould accordingly, you can talk to MDD. We are a fantastic online and face to face relationship counselling company that has an epic team! We have some of the most experienced and well-professional therapists on board who helps endless couples solve their issues instead of ending it. You can contact them via this link https://relationshipsmdd.com/ and get your coach to discuss your problems with them.
In a nutshell, love is a feeling, but it is also an option I don’t love my partner anymore is a common issue. We lack feelings these days because we are highly obsessed with being “couple goals” on social media instead of being goals in real life. Your life is extremely challenging outside that tiny little screen and love is not just an emotion; it requires to be nurtured with affection, appreciation and constant efforts. If you are stating that I don’t love my partner anymore and you have solid reasons for it, then you need to sit and talk to your partner. Also, if you think that the problem is with you, then you need to make sure that you make efforts to solve the issues.
If you have already made up your mind on leaving your partner; then there is nothing that can help you. But if you are willing to give it a chance and solve the troubles, then you can connect with MDD https://relationshipsmdd.com/ and get solutions. Try us out and spark the love again! Love can fade away if you don’t make an effort. But if you keep trying; it stays close by and never really leaves. Let the professionals walk you through the real side of love and marriage and save your beautiful bond. I don’t love my partner anymore get help now: https://relationshipsmdd.com/couples-therapy-packages/