The below article will provide you with the best trauma quotes. People who go through trauma-related incidents go through depression, confusion, anxiety, stress, sadness, exhaustion, and many more in their life. It can be overbearing some of the time, in those times they look for people to help them with this trauma. Sometimes people will be unable to hold a rational conversation without getting an anxiety disorder. Symptoms like these are commonplace in a traumatic person. They will have a hard time coming up with a response to a question. Trauma takes a huge toll on a person, it brings harm to a person’s spiritual, personal life, emotional wellbeing, and sometimes physical harm.
Here are some of the best trauma quotes from various authors. Getting a professional perspective on things will always make people know about the world and understand themselves better. The author who has gone through the phase in their life will have better insight to offer to people who are going through it with these insightful and helpful trauma quotes. That is the reason why people focus on what they have to say, it is the deep meaning that makes people read about trauma quotes or any sentences written by the people who have been through the trauma period in their lives.
- “After a traumatic experience, the human system of self-preservation seems to go onto permanent alert, as if the danger might return at any moment.” ― Judith Lewis Herman
- “Trauma is hell on earth. Trauma resolved is a gift from the gods.” ― Peter A. Levine
- “Most of us have unhealthy thoughts and emotions that have either developed as a result of trauma or hardships in their childhood, or the way they were raised.” – Steven Seagal
- “A lot of people who have experienced trauma at the hands of people they’ve trusted take responsibility, and that is what’s toxic.” – Hannah Gadsby
- “What we change inwardly will change outer reality.” – Plutarch
- “Delusional pain hurts just as much as the pain from actual trauma. So what if it’s all in your head?” – Tracy Morgan
- “When you’re going through these difficult times of chaos and trauma, the most important thing is to keep those who are closest to you together.” – Michael Imperioli
- “I did not ask for the things I’ve been through. And I certainly didn’t ask my mind to paint and repaint the pictures back in flashback form.” – Michelle Groth
- “Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The trauma said, ‘Don’t write these poems Nobody wants to hear you cry about the grief inside your bones.”― Andrea Gibson, The Madness Vase
- “PTSD is a whole-body tragedy, an integral human event of enormous proportions with massive repercussions.” ― Susan Pease Banitt
- “God wants you to be delivered from what you have done and from what has been done to you – Both are equally important to Him.” ― Joyce Meyer, Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing
- “Killers aren’t always assassins. Sometimes, they don’t even have blood on their hands.” ― Ruta Sepetys, Salt to the Sea
- “We don’t heal in isolation, but in community.” ― S. Kelley Harrell, Gift of the Dreamtime – Reader’s Companion
- “The greater a child’s terror, and the earlier it is experienced, the harder it becomes to develop a strong and healthy sense of self.” ― Nathaniel Branden, Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
- “Parents who discipline their child by discussing the consequences of their actions produce children who have better moral development, compared to children whose parents use authoritarian methods and punishment.” ― Simon Baron-Cohen, Zero Degrees of Empathy: A New Theory of Human Cruelty
If a person is suffering from any sort of trauma-related accidents in their life. Then it is a wiser move to take them to a therapist for a proper control or grip in their life. Trauma therapists are prepared to handle everything that a traumatic person goes through every single day. They will have the proper tools and required information for the people who are experiencing trauma for the first time in their life, as they won’t know how to cope with these feelings.
Trauma Therapists will do their best to understand the person rather than forcing themselves in. They will teach the trauma patient the strategies that they will need to apply it in real life. These strategies will help the person to express themselves without feeling confused or with a non-response. They will also provide necessary tools to improve the overall behavior in a person.
Trauma Therapist is a form of psychotherapy that helps people to connect with themselves. The professional therapist will always help you to pick up what you lost in life. As they will have the experience and the guidelines to give you proper steps to follow to achieve something that you want. They often fix many conflicts that pop up in marriages, couples, and families.
These are the things that need a serious and focused shed of light, otherwise, the things will stay broken.
If you are suffering from any traumatic issues in your life, it is better to talk about it with others rather than hiding it from the people. Therapy is a perfect way to express your inner feelings without feeling any shame or fear.
When you open the bottle, talk about the things that you have been hidden away forever, only then you will start putting the piece of your life back together, and see a new vision of life that you never thought about achieving.
Here are some of the best trauma quotes that can help you create positiveness in your life.
- “At your absolute best, you still won’t be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you’ll still be worth it to the right person.” ― Karen Salmansohn
- “Lack of communication can drive a spike between two people wider than any physical distance.” ― Mark W Boyer
- “Changing another person is beyond our control. Only control what is within your control.” ― FAITH FOO SIEW YUEN
- “When all the fights stop, so does the passion.” ― Crystal Woods,
Here are some of the effective trauma quotes that you can follow in your life. All of them carry deeper insight to life that can help you or your friend to gain a different vision in the mind. each one of them tells a vision of what life should be about. The process of healing will always start with a clear mind and thinking, and these trauma quotes tend to offer exactly that to the reader. Feel free to share them with your friends who are suffering from a traumatic period in their life. You can use trauma quotes to make them feel better.
It is a small step, but it is also an effective step that you can take towards the people who are feeling lonely and depressed in their life. It is often the small step that turns into a big reason for the people to turn to the other side. A helping hand is all that they need to go forward in their life. You can use the trauma quotes mentioned below to move them forward.
- “Emotional connection is crucial to healing. In fact, trauma experts overwhelmingly agree that the best predictor of the impact of any trauma is not the severity of the event, but whether we can seek and take comfort from others.” AUTHOR – Sue Johnson BOOK – Hold Me Tight
- “I pause to look up at this massive school—two blocks square and seven stories high, a place that was meant to nourish us and prepare us for adulthood. But because we dared to challenge the Southern tradition of segregation, this school became, instead, a furnace that consumed our youth and forged us into reluctant warriors.” AUTHOR – Melba Pattillo Bills, BOOK – Warriors Don’t Cry
- “I was blessed with another trait I inherited from my mother: her ability to forget the pain in life. I remember the thing that caused the trauma, but I don’t hold on to the trauma. I never let the memory of something painful prevent me from trying something new.”
AUTHOR – Trevor Noah BOOK – Born a Crime
- “So I let my shame own me, kill me, wilt me away into a thousand dead flakes, knowing if I kept it all in, she would never have to learn the dirtiness that was forever inside me–the bad, the ugly, the twisted. She could go on living her life happy, just like she deserved.” ― AUTHOR – Jessica Sorensen, BOOK – The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden
- “‘We all bear scars, Dorian. Mine just happen to be more visible than most.’” AUTHOR – Sarah J. Maas BOOK – Throne of Glass
- “I pause to look up at this massive school—two blocks square and seven stories high, a place that was meant to nourish us and prepare us for adulthood. But because we dared to challenge the Southern tradition of segregation, this school became, instead, a furnace that consumed our youth and forged us into reluctant warriors.”
AUTHOR – Melba Pattillo Bills, BOOK – Warriors Don’t Cry
Trauma quotes images
Here are some of the trauma quotes images that you can set for your friends and family members who are going through difficult phases in their life.
“Healing doesn’t mean the pain never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.” [NS]
“If someone has hurt you, take some time to try to understand them – their traumas, their mood, etc. Don’t do this to simply find excuses for them. Do it to help you to heal – to de-personalize the pain. When you seek compassion for them, you wind up having more compassion for yourself too.” – Karen Salmansohn [NS]
Trauma quotes Tumblr
These are some of the memorable trauma quotes Tumblr. Feel free to use them with your friends and click on the link to find more images about the subject.
I worry so much that this anger will never dissipate and that it will never get better. I don’t want to be so consumed by it all the time, and I want to control it, but it’s almost been a year now, and I still just burn with it every single day. – Faithfully Yours[T1]
Traumatic events, by definition, overwhelm our ability to cope. When the mind becomes flooded with emotion, a circuit breaker is thrown that allows us to survive the experience fairly intact, that is, without becoming psychotic or frying out one of the brain centers. The cost of this blown circuit is emotion frozen within the body. In other words, we often unconsciously stop feeling our trauma partway into it, like a movie that is still going after the sound has been turned off. We cannot heal until we move fully through that trauma, including all the feelings of the event. Susan Pease Banitt [T2]
Trauma quotes in beloved
Here are some trauma quotes in beloved that you will find soul-touching, as they explore the deepest emotion of the human heart and make people feel better about themselves.
We got more yesterday than anybody. We need some kind of tomorrow. – Paul D[B1]
The world is in this room. This here’s all there is and all there needs to be. [B2]
Trauma quotes Peter Levine
Peter Levine has written plenty of valuable perspectives about life, here are some of them that would help people who are suffering from traumatic events.
“In response to threat and injury, animals, including humans, execute biologically based, non-conscious action patterns that prepare them to meet the threat and defend themselves. The very structure of trauma, including activation, dissociation and freezing are based on the evolution of survival behaviors. When threatened or injured, all animals draw from a “library” of possible responses. We orient, dodge, duck, stiffen, brace, retract, fight, flee, freeze, collapse, etc. All of these coordinated responses are somatically based- they are things that the body does to protect and defend itself. It is when these orienting and defending responses are overwhelmed that we see trauma.
The bodies of traumatized people portray “snapshots” of their unsuccessful attempts to defend themselves in the face of threat and injury. Trauma is a highly activated incomplete biological response to the threat, frozen in time. For example, when we prepare to fight or to flee, muscles throughout our entire body are tensed in specific patterns of high energy readiness. When we are unable to complete the appropriate actions, we fail to discharge the tremendous energy generated by our survival preparations. This energy becomes fixed in specific patterns of neuromuscular readiness. The person then stays in a state of acute and then chronic arousal and dysfunction in the central nervous system. Traumatized people are not suffering from a disease in the normal sense of the word- they have become stuck in an aroused state. It is difficult if not impossible to function normally under these circumstances.”
Here are more trauma quotes Peter Levine
“So, what role does memory play in the understanding and treatment of trauma? There is a form of implicit memory that is profoundly unconscious and forms the basis for the imprint trauma leaves on the body/mind. The type of memory utilized in learning most physical activities (walking, riding a bike, skiing, etc.) is a form of implicit memory called procedural memory. Procedural or “body memories” are learned sequences of coordinated “motor acts” chained together into meaningful actions. You may not remember explicitly how and when you learned them, but, at the appropriate moment, they are (implicitly) “recalled” and mobilized (acted out) simultaneously. These memories (action patterns) are formed and orchestrated largely by involuntary structures in the cerebellum and basal ganglia.
When a person is exposed to overwhelming stress, threat, or injury, they develop a procedural memory. Trauma occurs when these implicit procedures are not neutralized. The failure to restore homeostasis is at the basis for the maladaptive and debilitating symptoms of trauma.”
Trauma quotes van der kolk
Here are some of the heart touching trauma quotes Van der Kolk.
“When you have a persistent sense of heartbreak and gut-wrench, the physical sensations become intolerable and we will do anything to make those feelings disappear. And that is really the origin of what happens in human pathology. People take drugs to make it disappear, and they cut themselves to make it disappear, and they starve themselves to make it disappear, and they have sex with anyone who comes along to make it disappear and once you have these horrible sensations in your body, you’ll do anything to make it go away.”
“Beneath the surface of the protective parts of trauma survivors there exists an undamaged essence, a Self that is confident, curious, and calm, a Self that has been sheltered from destruction by the various protectors that have emerged in their efforts to ensure survival. Once those protectors trust that it is safe to separate, the Self will spontaneously emerge, and the parts can be enlisted in the healing process”
Trauma quotes Goodreads
Goodreads features thousands of quotes about various subjects, here are some of the trauma quotes goodreads that you will find interesting.
“To witness means to decide to participate—not only with the head but with the heart—in the experience of another, an experience so painful that it must be shared in order to be confronted. Those in positions of power in our society have a tremendous ability to bring others from pain to possibility. And the beginning lies in poetry, for poetry provides distinctive access to pain. ”
― Cassie Premo Steele, We Heal From Memory: Sexton, Lorde, Anzaldúa, and the Poetry of Witness
“We hardly ever talk about trauma afterwards, because it helps to live in a world where we can pretend it never happened.”
― Joyce Rachelle
Trauma quotes Pinterest
The board of Pinterest carries millions of images about various themes and opinions. These are the best trauma quotes images on Pinterest.
“Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows” – Unknown
“If you continue to carry the bricks from your past, you will end up building the same house” – Kelcie Braley
Trauma quotes the longest memory
These are some of the most memorable trauma quotes the longest memory.
“The future is just more of the past waiting to happen. You do not want to know my past nor do you want to know my name for the simple reason that I have none and would have to make it up to please you. What my eyes say has never been true. All these years of my life are in my hands, not in these eyes or even in this head. I woke up one day […] and decided that from this day I had no name. I was just a boy, mule, nigger, slave or whatever else anyone chose to call me.” – Remembrance Section.
“You would hold up your glorious life as an example of the slave who has done all the proper things to survive and earn the respect of the master and overseer.
I can hear you, my husband. Your voice is strong and clear but without the strength and clarity of the voice of my son as he lifts word afterword from the pages of a book.” – Chapter 8, Cook
Trauma quotes and sayings
Here are some of the most popular trauma quotes and sayings that have been used a lot.
Nature has a way of deadening us to traumatic events until we’re ready to deal with it. And once you do, it’s a volcanic reaction. – Patricia Montandon
The willingness to face traumas – be they large, small, primitive or fresh – is the key to healing from them. They may never disappear in the way we think they should, but maybe they don’t need to. Trauma is an ineradicable aspect of life. We are human as a result of it, not in spite of it. – Mark Epstein
If you are suffering from trauma or know anyone who is going through this terrible phase in their life. Sending trauma quotes or trauma quotes images will help them greatly. Reaching a hand out to these people is always a better option than not bringing forward the subject. These trauma quotes have deeper meaning inside of them, they will give the reader a unique way of seeing things that they never thought of before. If you are suffering from trauma please call us on 03333443853 and have a free consultation today.