Looking for the best anxiety quotes out there? Need not worry, as I have a collection of personally picked anxiety quotes from various websites. But for this, you must be familiar with the right meaning of anxiety. Let me ask you, what is anxiety? How would we actually define it? You might have seen a lot of people being overly concerned about something of no use and feeling extremely worried, for example: if he/she has an exam and everyone knows they are a good student, but that person themselves will never be satisfied with their own selves, and you will often see them complaining that I have not done well before the result comes. Now, this overpowering emotion that clouds a person away from reality is often characterized as anxiety.
In this article, you will be seeing an anxious person’s POV and how they feel about things. Hopefully, this will make you understand that so many people have anxiety and you are not alone.
I have a lot of personally picked anxiety quotes that I just can’t stop myself from sharing with you. Read till the end to get a great experience and some of the best quotes. Some of my favorite hand-picked anxiety quotes are:
- “In an era of stress and anxiety, when the present seems unstable and the future unlikely, the natural response is to retreat and withdraw from reality, taking recourse either in fantasies of the future or in modified visions of a half-imagined past.” ― Alan Moore.
- “It was that sort of sleep in which you wake every hour and think to yourself that you have not been sleeping at all; you can remember dreams that are like reflections, daytime thinking slightly warped.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson.
- “The past could always be annihilated. Regret, denial, or forgetfulness could do that. But the future was inevitable.” ― Oscar Wilde.
- “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra.
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller.
- “You can’t always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer.
- “Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.” – Jennifer Elisabeth.
- “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” – Steve Maraboli.
- “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” – Shannon L. Alder.
- “You have dug your soul out of the dark; you have fought to be here; do not go back to what buried you.” – Bianca Sparacino.
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest is taken between two deep breaths.” – EttyHillesum.
- “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston Churchill.
- “Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” – Robert Eliot.
- “Worry a little bit every day, and in a lifetime, you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.” – Mary Hemingway.
- “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” – Steven Hayes.
- “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli.
- “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser.
- “Life is 10% of what you experience and 90% of how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer.
People develop anxiety due to some childhood trauma or others due to the high production of flight-or-fight hormones. These are all the anxiety quotes that I found to be better than others.
Anxiety Quotes Images:
You might be familiar with the knowledge that anxiety is characterized by stress. People who experience a lot of stress are the victim of anxiety. We must help these kind of people to come out of their shells and know they are only human. So, for that, you must know the concept of anxiety and how they feel. There is also a lot of anxiety quotes images that are present on the internet. The anxiety quotes images mostly contain the same quotes I have already mentioned here and there in this article.
Anxiety Quotes Sad:
Anxiety is not something you can take lightly. A lot of deaths have even occurred due to people overthinking and being anxious for no reason. We must help these people. For that reason, you need to know what anxiety actually feels like or at least what anxious people think like and how difficult it can be to contain these emotions. My most favorite anxiety quotes, sad, that actually represent the continuous torture the anxious people are going through are below. Hopefully, you will also like my anxiety quotes sad enough to also make you feel for them and empathise..
- “A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.” – Aesop.
- “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” – Roy T. Bennett.
- “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” – The Dalai Lama.
- “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.” – Ana Munnar.
- “I am reminded of the advice of my neighbor. ‘Never worry about your heart till it stops beating.’” – E. B. White
- “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston S. Churchill.
- “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes everything is an emergency.” – Natalie Goldberg.
- “The great thing, then, in all education, is to make our nervous system our ally instead of our enemy.” – William James.
- “Of all your troubles, great and small, the greatest are the ones that don’t happen at all.” – Thomas Carlyle.
- “It ain’t no use putting up your umbrella till it rains!” – Alice Caldwell Rice.
- “To live by worry is to live against reality.” – E. Stanley Jones
- “Worrying about outcomes over which I have no control is punishing myself before the universe has decided whether I ought to be punished.” – Sherry Thomas
- “Worry in the dark can make it even darker.” – Camron Wright
- “You’re worried about what-ifs. Well, what if you stopped worrying?” – Shannon Celebi
- “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
- “Never let life’s hardships disturb you … no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.” – NichirenDaishonen
- “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” – Astrid Alauda
- “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world — not even our troubles.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
Understanding anxiety without actually having anxiety is a tough task in itself. These anxiety quotes sad are just made for us as individuals to understand the mindset of these people who are often disturbed by their own thoughts and personal pressures.
Anxiety Quotes UK:
Anxiety quotes are made so that people can also know what goes on in an anxious person’s mind. They are made to best describe the feeling these people are continuously going through. You need to feel other’s pain so to know their fears. Here are some anxiety quotes UK which authors have written that are given below:
- “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William S. Burroughs.
- “How can a person deal with anxiety? You might try what one fellow did. He worried so much that he decided to hire someone to do his worrying for him. He found a man who agreed to be his hired worrier for a salary of $200,000 per year. After the man accepted the job, his first question to his boss was, ‘Where are you going to get $200,000 per year?’ To which the man responded, ‘That’s your worry’” – Max Lucado
- “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou.
- “Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you because it will.” – Cheryl Strayed.
- “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa.
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I want to be.” – Lao Tzu
- “If you can’t fly then run if you can’t run then walk if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot.
- “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
- “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” – Eckhart Tolle
There are a lot of people who have anxiety in UK, so a lot of anxiety quotes UK has been made by the therapist to help their patients relax a bit. Calming an anxious person is near an impossible task; only medications can help do it and also cognitive behavioral therapy.
Anxiety Quotes Short
There are a lot of quotes made on anxiety, long or short, but they are all useful. Shorter anxiety quotes are easier to interpret, and they also stay in your mind for long in comparison to the longer ones. The anxiety quotes short provide enough to be easily understood by anyone and are given below:
- “The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” – Ernest Hemingway.
- “The other thing is that if you rely solely on medication to manage depression or anxiety, for example, you have done nothing to train the mind so that when you come off the medication, you are just as vulnerable to a relapse as though you had never taken the medication.” – Daniel Goleman.
- “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James.
- “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” – Arthur Somers Roche.
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed.
- “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” – Charles Spurgeon.
- “In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.” – Jack Kornfield
- “I’ve spent most of my life and most of my friendships holding my breath and hoping that when people get close enough, they won’t leave, and fearing that it’s a matter of time before they figure me out and go.” ― Shauna Niequist.
- “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” ― Jodi Picoult.
- “I want to be the best version of myself for anyone who is going to someday walk into my life and need someone to love them beyond reason.”
I personally think these anxiety quotes short can be understood better even by me. Short and simple yes they are!
Anxiety quotes positive:
You might be wondering how anxiety quotes can be positive. Well, positive anxiety quotes are the ones that radiate positivity for the anxiety thinkers and help calm them down a little bit. I can’t explain in words better than the quotes themselves. So here we go with the best anxiety quotes positive.
- “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.” – Matt Lucas
- “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear (that results) from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.” – Stephan Hoeller
- “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” – Alain de Botton
- “If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” – ZigZiglar
- “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
- “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Stop your whining. If you are frightened, be silent. Whining is for prey. It attracts predators. And you are not prey.” – Robin Hobb
- “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy Bennett
- “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “Don’t assume I’m weak because I have panic attacks. You’ll never know the amount of strength it takes to face the world every day.” – Unknown
- “Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety doesn’t make them less valid.” – Lauren Elizabeth
- “I just give myself permission to suck. I find this hugely liberating.” – John Green
- “The universe doesn’t allow perfection.” – Stephen Hawking
- “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew.
Anxiety quotes positive are really helpful if for your own mindset. Sometimes we often catch ourselves thinking about the things that could go wrong in the future, and that gives us stress. If this happens, just remember to think of the present and the things you are doing or could do right then and there. This helps a lot, do try if something like this happens do not let anxiety beat you.
Anxiety Quotes Pinterest:
Anxiety quotes are not just on one platform of social media. They are known globally through various platforms. As I told my colleagues, there are a lot of anxiety quotes on Pinterest that are quite unique and have their own context. So, I checked them out too for you and found really impressive anxiety quotes there. Some of the best anxiety quotes Pinterest had to offer that are given here.
- “Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.” – Anais Nin.
- “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.” – Erma Bombeck.
- “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.” – Carl Sandburg.
- “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult.
- “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
- “The way you tell your story to yourself matters.” – Amy Cuddy
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry S. Haskins
- “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
- “Don’t settle: Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.” – Chris Brogan
Hopefully, the anxiety quotes Pinterest we had to offer were helpful for you in any way. A tip: Always think about the positive things instead of worrying about the future.
Anxiety quotes twitter
Twitter is also known to have some of the best anxiety quotes to help people. There were a lot of awesome anxiety quotes twitter had to offer that I have gathered here, so you don’t have to search for them. These were the best-chosen ones with the writers’ names.
- “To hear the phrase “our only hope” always makes one anxious, because it means that if the only hope doesn’t work, there is nothing left.” ― Lemony Snicket.
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray.
- “It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.” ― David Foster Wallace,
- “Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems” ―
- “The more you pray, the less you’ll panic. The more you worship, the less you worry. You’ll feel more patient and less pressured.” ― Rick Warren.
- “Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.” ― Jennifer Elisabeth.
- “Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.” ― H. Spurgeon.
- “To venture causes anxiety, but not to venture is to lose one’s self… And to venture in the highest is precisely to be conscious of one’s self.” ― Søren Kierkegaard.
- “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” ― Dorothy M. Neddermeyer.
- “Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life. Research shows that perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life paralysis.” ― Brené Brown.
- “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all, it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” ― Ali IbnAbiTalib AS
Hopefully, these anxiety quotes Twitter were good enough to provide you insight and help you better understand the anxious people, and maybe you could also find a way or two to help them with these amazing quotes.