It amazes me seeing women who are so successful in their careers thinking they can go bossing men around. This is ridiculous. You are well paid, have a good job, and you are very clever but you have not been in a relationship for ages. You are an attractive woman with all these great qualities. So what is the problem?
You say to yourself, men are just intimidated by a strong successful woman. Hmmm… Maybe or maybe not. There are guys with better jobs who have approached you but it always fizzles out. Putting that aside, finding love has nothing to do with a wage packet. If you take that route in choosing a partner, itis likely to result in being upset and lonely.
Sometimes, it takes a while to find the right partner. It is not easy. But in the case of some strong successful women, they sabotage themselves by scaring off guys that like them.
Here are the things you should not do:
- Competing with your boyfriend. The relationship is not a competition.
- Bullying prospective partners by telling them what to do on every date not letting them take the lead.
- Speaking to men in a condescending and disrespectful way because you feel you are better than them.
- Never being impressed but rather underwhelmed when a man buys you something, that to you is “nothing special”.
- Being so fussy to the point that you have not thought anyone is good enough over the years (looking for perfection).
When you exhibit the traits above, you make things unnecessarily difficult for yourself. Always remember one thing, you are not perfect. Nobody is equally perfect. So if you want to put this kind of pressure on a man, it is hypocritical. I understand you have standards and want a good man. I understand you want a good man and role model for your future kids, but give men a chance. It is so important that the man loves you for who you are and vice versa. There is a vast difference between being a strong independent, hardworking woman and being a bossy narcissist. If you were a man, would you want to date the latter? “NO!”. Treat every man with respect. Go for what you like but be reasonable and humble. It is imperative that you are gracious with your achievements and then, you will find a man who is proud of this and treats you like a lady.
A real woman has grace YOU CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT EMASCULATING OR PUTTING A GUY DOWN.
Be proud of your achievements but be a woman that is enjoyable to date and not a competitor. Good luck.
Miss Date Doctorxxx.