Loving the wrong person
Loving the wrong person or the right person is not in our hands most of the time. If we fell in love with the right person, none of us would have to deal with the pain of a breakup. You wouldn’t have to worry about your partner cheating on you and everything would be perfect. Relationships would not be that complicated as they are. You would not have to look for signs as you just know who is perfect for you.
Falling in love is not in our hands but getting out of the wrong relationship is surely in our hands. It is not easy, but you have to do this for peace of your mind. This article is all about “loving the wrong person,” how do you know that you are in love with the wrong person, and how you can deal with it. So let’s get started.
Am I loving the wrong person?
Almost every one of us had this question in our mind, “Am I loving the wrong person?” We just want to be sure that a person will never leave us and that they will make our life beautiful and peaceful. It is hard to know sometimes when you are at the start of a relationship as you two are enjoying your honeymoon phase. But once this phase ends, the real colors of that person show up. Other times it is too obvious that this a poor match as there is nothing but red flags.
But the question here is how to know, “Am I loving the wrong person?” Don’t worry, I have got you covered. Here are some signs that might help you find out if you are in love with the wrong person:
You try to communicate your issues, but nothing changes.
Expecting your partner to change is nothing but foolishness. In a healthy relationship, when two partners share their concerns, they try to find a way to tackle these issues together. But when someone is in a wrong relationship, you can have tough talks with your partner every time you want, but these discussions will not be fruitful. You communicate your concerns, but nothing changes. This is a clear sign that you are in love with the wrong person. You can’t expect someone to change for you as it does not happen unless other person really wants to be with you and is willing to compromise, consider your needs and try to respect your boundaries.
You do all the spending in your relationship.
You may like it paying for everything in a relationship, like surprise trips, date nights, or Netflix account. That is completely fine. But your partner should also make an effort to share in the responsibilities; if he or she does not, it is a sign of codependency. In this case, the relationship is not a desire but a necessity. This will bring imbalance in your relationship. There will be dissatisfaction, arguments, and resentments. This indicates that you are in love with the wrong person, and you should do something about it.
You have adopted unhealthy habits.
Being in a relationship with someone should help you improve yourself. It should help you in becoming a better person. But if after being in a relationship with this person you have started adopting some bad habits, maybe he or she is not right for you. For example, self-care was very important for you, but now everything is changed. You used to avoid drinking, but after being in a relationship, you started drinking a little too much. So you have to give this relationship second thought or your partner is making you indulge in drugs or negative behaviour.
You feel emotionally exhausted.
Being emotionally exhausted in a relationship is terrible. One should not be in a relationship like this. Obviously, relationships are not easy, you have to invest your time and efforts, but they should not be draining. According to Daniel
“A good relationship should leave you feeling energized, not drained.”
So if your relationship makes you feel drained and emotionally exhausted, you might be in love with the wrong person. It can affect your mental health too.
There is a never-ending on and off-cycle
On and off situations make you feel hopeful that someday things will get better. But the worst thing about these relationships is that you train yourself to go back to something that does not work. So if you are in a kind of relationship where you break up and then get back again and again, it is a sign that you are in love with the wrong person. You have to break the cycle as it is not healthy. Do not try to maintain friendship either, as it will lead you back into the mess and time is so precious don’t waste it on the wrong person.
They do not want labels.
If you want to put a label on your relationship, it is fine, but if your partner does not want that there is a problem. You have to be on the same page whether you want to put a label on your relationship or not. If you are in love with someone who is not into a commitment, you might have to reconsider your relationship. You have to communicate with your partner what he or she wants from this relationship, and if your two have similar interests and values, it means you can keep it going. Otherwise, you have fallen in love with the wrong person, and you should end it because all you have is intimacy and know title or commitment.
Your partner does not apologize.
We all make mistakes and there is nothing wrong with that if we apologize. Some of us are very egotist and of narcissistic nature. These kinds of people will never accept their mistake and will make you regret it if you ask them to apologize. Every couple gets into disagreement, but how do you respond in that situation that is the most important thing. So if your partner hurts you by saying something bad and does not realize it or apologize for what he or she said, it means you are in love with the wrong person. Saying sorry is so simple; you just have to say “I am sorry,” and it gives a message that you take responsibility for your actions. So think carefully before you make any decision of committing to someone that never concedes to error.
Loving the wrong person hurts
Loving the wrong person hurts, but love does not hurt. People fall in love with the wrong person, but they do not realize it. Some people try to make it work and wait if things can get better, but all in vain. It only gets worse. But the truth is you can avoid falling in love with the wrong person. You have to be more careful and try to know who that person really is. A lot of people think that love is blind, and that is why they fall in love with the wrong person.
We also think that falling in love with someone is not in our control, and that is why we should try and learn a few things that can help us to avoid falling in love with the wrong person. You certainly have no control over your emotions, but you have control over your thoughts and action. That is where you should work. Here are some tips for you to avoid falling in love with the wrong person:
Do your homework
Nobody can take care of you better than yourself. You should find someone who appreciates you and feels lucky to be with you. You deserve the best. Loving the wrong person hurts, so if you want to avoid it, you should do the proper homework. Ensure that you have found out the truth about what this person is telling you. You can find out about the criminal record of the person. You can find a lot about that person on the internet. It is good to avoid getting hurt than regretting it.
Take it slowly, and do not fall for sweet talk.
When someone wants to prove that he or she is in love with you, the individual will use sweet talk, whether he or she is actually in love with you or just pretending. Do not let sweet talk take your mind away from reality. If a person is honest with you, he/she will try to do whatever they can. Do not rush things; take your time and make a decision once you are sure. A relationship that leads to marriage and a solid commitment must not be rushed. Try to know more about the individual qualities, flaws, habits. You cannot know about someone completely at the start of a relationship. This is a phase when your partner tries to impress you, so you have to be patient.
Never ignore the opinion of your family and friends.
Our family and friends want the best for us. We are in love, so we might not see certain things; it seems like we have answers to all our questions. We would never want to let go of this person. We are emotionally evolved, and just the idea of getting separated from this person makes us feel uneasy. We can’t imagine leaving that person even if everyone can see that our partner does not and is not worth our love. That’s when family and friends prove helpful; you really need to ask their opinion. You must listen to their opinion; the final decision is no doubt in your hand, but still, they can make you look at things you are ignoring it is good to look at things from multiple perspectives.
You have to be genuine if you are looking for the right person. You should not pretend just to attract someone. It will not bring any good. When you pretend to be someone else, the other person falls in love with an illusion; he or she does not fall in love with you. So when things move forward, you start seeing after-effects. Obviously, you cannot pretend for your whole life, and when he or she meets your true self, everything will fall apart.
Give yourself space
Does it seem like you always fall in love with the wrong person? Well, it is because you are repeating the same mistake without knowing what you are doing wrong. You need to take a break from everything. Analyze your past relationships carefully and try to know what you did wrong that is common in all of your past relationships, find the root issue, and try to work on it. If this issue is linked with your personality trait or your underlying mental health issues, work on it. You can also take help from a mental health professional. Give yourself space to try to be happy alone; once you feel happy alone, you can be happy in a relationship too.
Loving the wrong person memes
Memes allow you to laugh at your own failures and wrong decisions. They are so relatable that you feel a bit relaxed that you are not the only one going through this. Loving the wrong person memes may also bring a smile to your face. So here are some of the best loving the wrong person memes for you:
Loving the wrong person songs
Love is not in our control, so sometimes we end up in a situation where we fall in love with the wrong person. We may end up in a relationship with that person, but it does not work out. Leaving that person feels so hurtful that we choose to stick to it in a toxic relationship. There has been plenty of loving the wrong person songs that express the pain of such a situation. If you want to know more about these songs, here is a list of some of the best loving the wrong person songs from my collection:
- Shawn Mendes – Stitches
- Selena Gomez – Back To You
- Ariana Grande – Problem
- Zara Larsson – Ruin My Life
- Ariana Grande – Side To Side
- Katy Perry – Dark Horse
- Taylor Swift – I Knew You Were Trouble
- Zedd – Stay The Night
- Zedd – Clarity
- JheneAiko – The Worst
- Ellie Goulding – On My Mind
- Ariana Grande – Break Up With Your Girlfriend
- Mary J Blige feat Drake – Mr. Wrong
- Anne Marie – Alarm
Loving the wrong person hurts quotes
Falling in love with the wrong person hurts a lot, and loving the wrong person hurts quotes can describe your pain in words effectively. Reading these quotes can help you deal with this pain.
- “Life is too precious to waste it with the wrong person. You’re better off alone until the right one comes along.” Tony Gaskins
- “You will never be able to find happiness if you stay attached to the wrong person and don’t move on.” Taylor Swift
- “The Wrong Person in the Wrong Place = Regression. The Wrong Person in the Right Place = Frustration. The Right Person in the Wrong Place = Confusion. The Right Person in the Right Place = Progression. The Right People in the Right Places = Multiplication.” John C. Maxwell
- “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right person comes along.” Nicholas Sparks
- “It’s easier to be with somebody. But it’s better to be single if you’re with the wrong person.” Angelina Jolie
- “To love the right person is a comedy. To love the wrong person is a tragedy.” Timberlake Wertenbaker
- “Real loneliness consists not in being alone, but in being with the wrong person, in the suffocating darkness of a room in which no deep communication is possible.” Sydney J. Harris
- “Every second you spend with the wrong person, is a second wasted in the search for true love.” Leon Brown
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” Ella Fitzgerald
- “Being alone is almost always preferable to being with the wrong person.” Amy Dickinson
- “You are so much better off on your own than with the wrong person.” Cat Deeley
- “And so I found myself in a kind of love lock: pining for the wrong person, grieving beside a woman whose body I can’t touch, being given a second chance I can’t find the clarity to take.” Courtney Maum
Here are some of the best loving the wrong person hurts quotes for you; I hope you will find these helpful:
- “I’ll say it again, for every moment you’re with the wrong person, you are robbing yourself and the right person of the opportunity to find real happiness.” Ingrid Weir
- “It is easier with the right person. A good test of a relationship is how well you both deal with challenges. If one person is more invested, it shows. If you’re with the wrong person, it feels like too much work. But if you’re unhappy more than you’re happy, it’s not the right relationship for you.” SusaneColasanti
- “I will find that special person who is wrong for me in just the right way.” Galway Kinnell
- “I’m not easily offended. I have a pretty high tolerance for raunchiness or shock value, so I’m the wrong person to use as a gauge.” Rashida Jones
- “If you marry the wrong person for the wrong reasons, then no matter how hard you work, it’s never going to work, because then you have to completely change yourself, completely change them, completely – by that time, you’re both dead.” Anne Bancroft
- “Wasting time with the wrong person is just time wasted.” Greg Behrendt
- “I’m terrible. I’m the wrong person to talk to, I really don’t know a thing.” Cillian Murphy
- “All of what I told him was true – some people are just meant to break your heart, as if it were their sole mission here on earth to teach you not to fall in love with the wrong person.Some people will break your heart over and over again, because some of us never learn.” Carmen Jenner
- “Opening up to the wrong person is like putting ammo in their hands.” Lisa Kleypas
- “The longer you’re with the wrong person, you could be completely overlooking the chance to meet the right person.” Taylor Swift
- “Your best efforts will never be enough when your best efforts are being wasted on the wrong person. We may love the wrong person, cry for the wrong person. But one thing is sure, mistakes help us find the right person. Sometimes the right person for you was there all along. You just didnt see it because the wrong person was blocking your sight.”
- “At your absolute best, you still won’t be good enough for the wrong person. At your worst, you’ll still be worth it to the right person.” Karen Salmansohn
Loving the wrong person Reddit
Reddit is an excellent platform to share your emotions, and also, you can find solutions to your problems from peoples experiences. Here are some loving the wrong person Reddit suggestions for you:
- “Often it isn’t that we fall in love with the wrong person but with our idealized version of them we wish them to be. We do not see them as they are, we see them as we wish them to be. We project qualities and attributes onto them that they simply do not possess in our deep longing to find the “one.” We twist and contort our observations to try and make them fit what we want them to be until the harsh reality crushes our golden idol of that person to reveal it’s made of the ashes of moments we wasted on a dream.”
- “I’ve been with the same person the last three years. We lived an hour apart so we were pretty much just a weekend couple. I found out I was pregnant and it kind of forced me to see habits in his life I didn’t have to before. Like his drinking problem, lack of ambition to grow up, a past drug problem. All of this was hidden from me but now that he lives with me, I see it all. He currently is out with his friends while I’m sitting in the bath having no clue as to what the fuck I’m doing with my life. I just feel lost.”
- “He was good at keeping up the act until I moved in. Turned into an abusive alcoholic right away. Tried to strangle me to death on a few occasions. Finally had the courage to leave so I confronted him. I felt so powerful in that moment after being so scared for years. Raped me when I tried to leave him and took away what power I had left.”
- “Don’t confuse sexual lust for genuine affection for a person. Don’t settle just to “go through the motions” of life. People have different needs and experiences. I’ve known relatives that made those mistakes and oh boy did it get ugly. Good way to waste literally decades of your life on a toxic emotionally draining marriage or some shit.”
- “You can keep your eyes open, watch for red flags, trust your gut. But just because someone is a good person, doesn’t mean they’re the right person for you. Part of life is loving people, right or wrong. Just don’t stay in relationships with people who aren’t right for you. So I guess the easiest way is to just not love anybody, but loving the right person is amazing and I wouldn’t tell anyone not to try to open their heart to someone.”
Loving the wrong person can ruin your peace of mind and your life. Dealing with the pain that comes with this is not easy. So it is better to avoid falling in love with the wrong person. It may seem tough and obviously ridiculous to those who think falling in love is not in our control, but you have to do this if you want to prevent yourself from this pain.